Kona is an episodic and narrative-driven interactive tale in which the player faces many mysteries and challenges. Set in a wintry rural environment in 1970, you incarnate Carl Faubert, a war veteran now private detective who must travel to Atamipek Lake, in Northern Canada, to solve a simple, yet lucrative case. Your client is a rich industrialist and copper mine magnate named W. Hamilton. The latter accuses the local Cree community of vandalizing and stealing from his summer residence and his hunting manor. The Crees are no friends to Hamilton, as they accuse him of destroying sacred lands for the sole purpose of increased profits. From driving to shooting to scene-searching, Kona combines the atmosphere and immersion of a modern survival title with the deep storytelling and puzzle-solving aspects of a traditional adventure game. By blending and wrapping several gameplay mechanics around its scenario, the game aims to blur the lines that define today's genres.
1. Step into an interactive tale of mystery and investigate the perplexing quietness of the entire town.
2. Explore a vast, frigid Northern environment and battle the elements to survive.
3. Complete the first of four episodes, each offering one to two hours of play.
4. Immerse yourself fully with VR compatibility.
5. Enjoy the atmospheric soundtrack featuring music by Quebec folk band Curé Label
6. Experience the tale through the omniscient, third-person storyteller.
7. Go back in time with a vintage look and feel reminiscent of 1970s rural communities.